Saturday, July 18, 2009

My babies are growing up!!

I find myself once again apologizing for being such a horrible blogger. I often think to myself during the day, "hmm, I should post something tonight", but alas, when the house settles & everyone is sleeping (this is the only time I can dedicate myself to something for more than 2 minutes), I am at times, too mentally exhausted to put a post together. I know, not a very good excuse, but that is my excuse & I'm sticking to it. :)

So here is an update on us: Payton is very much enjoying the summer & is so excited to start Kindergarten in just a little over 6 weeks. I cannot believe my little girl is going to be in school all day, everyday very soon!

The boys are doing great. Their personalities are really starting to come out & boy are they different. AJ is what we sometimes tease as "Momma's boy", we only call him this because he is a cuddler & is all about Mom. Brayden is so curious, so busy getting around..he's really showing that he is the independent little guy. His brother sits back, lets him get into everything & then follow when he sees that it's safe. I love that Aaron cuddles, but I also love to see Brayden being so independent. They are going to be 9 months old in a few days, I am so glad that their different personalities are showing, but at the same time, a little sad to see my babies growing so fast.

In a previous post, I talked about Brayden having surgery to remove one of his testicles that had the blood supply cut off at some point. This surgery was scheduled in June, but due to the doctor needing to be out of the office on the day of his surgery, it was rescheduled for this Thursday (July 23rd). I am very nervous about my little guy having surgery. The surgeon will remove the undeveloped testicle (if not removed, it could become cancerous when he is an adult), as well as check the developed testicle to make sure that the same thing doesn't happen to it as well. With one testicle he will still be able to produce the appropriate amount of hormones when he reaches puberty. At some point if he requests it (and as the doctor advises) he will be able to have a prosthetic. The doctor is say that during his mid to late teens is when he might notice/question that he is slightly different than his brother.

Both boys are teething like crazy. As I previously posted, they each have their lower central incisors, their lateral incisor on the right side have broken through the skin & their upper central incisor on the right side has also broken through. Apparently, identical twins teeth at the exact same time. I'm really not sure if this is a good thing or bad. Do I really want two teething babies at the same time or would I rather them teeth at different times & have it stretch out twice as long? I really don't know what scenario is more ideal. But either way, I wouldn't change any of it for the world. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with these three perfect little ones. I am not saying it's easy, but it is worth every minute of it.

I am adding a few pictures of all three kids. I just cannot believe how fast time is going by & how much they are growing.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment